So how do we get a QRUR, or Quality and Resource Use Report? Whether you are obtaining it for a group or an individual practitioner, you may access the report from the Enterprise Portal. Doctors need to provide a QRUR for every Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) that is enrolled in Medicare. First of all, representatives from their groups are required to get an IACS (Individuals Authorized Access to the CMS Computer Services) account with the right role – whether to access a group’s Quality and Resource Use Report (QRUR) or a single practitioner. Once you have already set up an account, there’s a step-by-step reference guide provided on the Medicare portal as well.

There may also be a good chance that a person has an access to your group’s or your own QRUR. To determine this, you may reach out to QualityNet Help Desk on 1-866-288-8912 (TTY 1-877-715-6222) or send an email through to You will need to provide your TIN as well as your name if you’re a solo practitioner or your group’s name for the group practioners. For queries regarding the contents of your QRUR, you may call the Physician Value Help Desk on 1-888-734-6433, select option 3; (TTY 1-888-734-6563). Their hours of operation are 8am to 8pm EST. You may access the quick reference downloads for the step by step guide here. If your group has already registered for a Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), then the same individual who enrolled your group can gain access your group’s QRUR by using their IACS username and password.

However, if you prefer accessing the QRUR yourself, then you can follow these steps:

How to set up an IACS account to get access to your group’s QRUR

A group refers to a TIN with two or more EPs or eligible professionals billing under a certain TIN, as recognized by their NPI or National Provider Identifier. So you can access your group’s QRUR, one of you must sign up for an IACS account first with the “primary Group Security Official role”. Further instructions regarding this step can be obtained here.


On the other hand, a solo practitioner refers to a TIN that only has one EP or eligible professionals billing under that specific TIN. Like accessing a group’s QRUR, you also will need to register for an IACS account with the “primary Individual approver role”. You can get further instructions here.

MpowerMed The Key Piece to a Successful Practice
MpowerMed is a full service medical practice and project management company and we're looking forward to chatting with you to learn more about your organization to see if we can assist you...
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Share This

Share this post with your friends!